IRSE licensed Principles Designer / Verifier required to work on a variety of new and existing projects. This provides an exciting opportunity be involved in a wide variety of projects covering a range of signalling technologies and working as part of a close-knit team.
- Able to carry out Safety Critical Work
- Holds current IRSE Signalling Verifier Licence and Signalling Principles Designer licences (1.1.160 and 1.1.550)
- Significant UK signalling principles design/checking experience including knowledge of UK railway standards, design processes and procedures preferable at both outline design (NR GRIP 3 to 4) and detailed design (NR GRIP5+) levels
- Experience of using appropriate industry standard CAD packages
- Experience of signalling design and/or Stageworks involving a broad range of lineside equipment and technologies
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with team members located in different offices including excellent standard of English for written communications
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- HNC/HND/Degree Qualification(s) in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Fit and able to work trackside / hold PTS
To lead and support project delivery in day to day duties throughout the project lifecycle, from inception to completion, including –
- Preparation, production and verification of railway signalling designs, specifications, reports and working drawings using first principles for relevant parts of a new or altered signalling systems, ensuring compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements.
- To ensure all design produced complies with client requirements, alliance/company procedures, meets all operational, technical and safety principles and is successfully delivered to budget and programme
- Liaising and meeting with others including client, construction and testing staff and other railway contractors
- Supporting estimates/tenders as required
- Line management of staff
- Mentoring, support, guidance and development of junior staff
- Technical liaison with other alliance team disciplines, departments and externally with the wider organisation and client
- Undertaking design office cover during commissioning periods, including bank holidays and weekends
For more information, please apply or contact me directly on 02392 322 325 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.