This is an opportunity for you to take responsibility for project managing projects for a mix of public and private sector clients, as well as leading delivery of significant work packages within larger projects. Projects could range from economic appraisal through to development of strategies and plans, and the delivery of specialist technical advice in areas such as forecasting and economic analysis, wider impacts or evaluation.
You will also support business development activities, including client relationship development and management, securing commissions and opportunity identification.
Requirements and skills
- Qualifications – recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area.
- Relevant industry experience within a business environment.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies.
- Typically more than 7 years’ experience in transport economics or scheme development and business case work.
- Proven manager / project manager with demonstrable evidence of delivery of scheme development and business case projects or tasks.
- Commercial / financial management that can be applied to the profitable management of projects.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in transport scheme development and TAG/green book compliant business cases including appraisal and modelling approaches and analysis of wider economic impacts.
- An awareness and interest in major transport issues, emerging priorities and critical issues, as part of a wider transport planning agenda.
- Understanding of the economic aspects, funding aspects, planning issues and business benefits of transport schemes
- Demonstrable understanding of the interface between TAG and MHCLG business case approaches and analysis requirements
- Relevant masters degree or MBA.
- Known to key clients such as DfT Rail, Network Rail, ORR, TfL or regional transport bodies.
- Previous consultancy experience.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.