We are currently hiring for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team to support the development and continued success of this demanding area, focussed on engineering and infrastructure consultancy, particularly in the rail sector. The role will work across some of the highest profile and flagship infrastructure projects in the UK including HS2 and TRU. The main hubs for the team are in Birmingham or York so you would need to spend time in these offices on a weekly basis balanced with the flexibility to work from home (and remotely full time during the current restrictions).
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management of key infrastructure project(s) and has proven experience of:
- Scope and schedule management
- Risk and issue management
- Finance and cost control management
- Resource and people management
- Benefits management
- Commercial and contract management
Experience of facilitating workshops and meetings is a pre-requisite for this role. Combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills, passion, resilience and tenacity.
Key Responsibilities and Measures:
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope.
- Understand what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough, cross-functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders as appropriate to create a valid plan. Be able to discuss risk areas and convey impacts to scope or costs if a shorter schedule is demanded.
- Continual management and development of client relationships.
- Plan the project(s) in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities, dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
- Ensure a comprehensive budget is prepared, reflecting the plan and all resource needs.
- Ensure non-people resources are identified (e.g. tools, equipment, logistical costs etc.) so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
- Ensure all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and that justification for such resources is clear in the event of constraints arising as a result of other work responsibilities.
- Communicate to ensure that all resources understand their roles and accept their responsibilities and escalate where that commitment is not present.
- Direct and motivate the project team(s) to achieve the desired results, often using matrix management, and ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of third party suppliers to the project(s).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Significant experience within the Rail industry ideally and proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Membership of The Association for Project Management and/or membership of a relevant professional institution and/or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Robust stakeholder management skills and a natural ability to expand and develop client relationships
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with membership/professional body roles, purposes, and activities.
- Sound Commercial and Contractual understanding of commonly used Construction Industry Contracts.
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and Projectwise and MS Project.
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.