We are looking to expand our Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Crossrail and HS2, and are looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
We are seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering and Project Controls team in London, by recruiting an experienced Project Controls Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Project Controls Engineer to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
To be responsible for implementing Projects and Cost Control Procedures and ensuring compliance with the business management systems. The role requires the individual to operate at an intermediate level, and interface inwardly (Delivery Team).
To establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with senior management and delivery teams.
- To implement the requirements for Cost Control
- Assist on the production and delivery of the Performance Measurement Baseline and Performance Measurement Updates
- Capture and integrate current and forecast programme, budget, cost, and risk at CBS & tasks level using the approved tools, effectively using IT and systems
- Responsible for ensuring all Cost related inputs are reliable and provided in a timely manner to support the Performance Measurement Update (PMU) process.
- Responsible for producing reliable Earned value reports.
- Attend progress meetings with supply chain, designers, planning, commercial & construction team
- Attending weekly/monthly site visits
- Liaise with Commercial team on the financial progress, actual cost and forecast
- Ensure the use of CBS across the project; and that work and cost is allocated within the correct cost centre
- Providing general support to the Commercial team on tasks such as monthly cost reports & accruals based on EVA
- Prepare weekly progress reports comparing planned work with actual work produced on site for key elements and commodities
- Experience of project and cost control services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry
- Good understanding of Project controls and alignment of programme, cost, budget, risk and change
- Understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
- Good understanding of various methods of cost control, forecasting and performance reporting (Earned Value Metholology)
- Understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
The following experiences are desirable:
- A degree, in a relevant subject such engineering, project management, accounting or similar equivalent is desirable
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
For more information and a discrete chat, please contact Richard on 02392 322321 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.