We are recruiting for a large company within the infrastructure sector, who are looking for an experienced Possessions Planner to work across a portfolio of planned and reactive rail infrastructure/civil engineering projects. Our client would like to interview for this position as soon as possible; with expected high interest, early applications are advised.
A busy and fast paced business unit based in Cumbernauld, who are involved in a range of civil engineering works, both reactive and planned, are looking to add a Possessions Planner to the rail team.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Liaise with the project management teams on all Access planning matters.
- Work closely with the Construction Management and Estimating team to identify all available possessions to optimise working and to maintain the project programme.
- Preparation of the Master / Contract / Managing possession schedule and supporting information.
- Ensure possession, isolation & protection requests are submitted in line with Network Rail planning timescales and relevant format.
- Planning of possession/protection arrangements.
- Monitor / record / highlight any possession planning changes.
- Prepare safety critical documentation in line with railway group standards.
- Attend or arrange attendance to all possession meetings with the client.
- Identify project risks / opportunities and participate in the management process.
- Assist in the Preparation of entitlement submissions.
- Ensure that all aspects of safety are taken into consideration when planning a project.
- Maintain close relationships and Liaise with other members of the planning job family, contribute to the transfer of best practice.
- Submission of Road Closure requests.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Possession Planner OR Access Planner in a rail minor works environment.
- PPS planning access experience
- SSOW planning qualification Core Level 2
- Trained and certificated as competent as Controller of Site Safety [COSS]
- Must have a good understanding of the Network Rail Rule Book and be able to interpret Sectional Appendices, Hazard Directory, and Environmental Assessments etc.
- Holder of a full British Driving License.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive annual salary
- Company car/ car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.