We are now seeking a geotechnical inspector/engineer to provide support to Transport for Wales in the monitoring of the design, procurement, construction, completion testing and commissioning of the new works.
The role will consist of supporting site staff to fulfil their respective duties in relation to the design and construction of earthworks, foundations, and other ground related infrastructure for the Project.
The Sections 5 and 6 scheme predominantly consists of online dualling of the A465 trunk road, a 17.7km length of route between Dowlais Top and Hirwaun. The existing three lane single carriageway will be upgrade to a 70mph all purpose dual carriageway (D2AP) with 6 grade separated junctions. The scheme also includes 14km of Active Travel and Non-Motorised User (NMU) routes. Overall, the proposed scheme includes 35 bridges, 40 retaining walls and 41 culverts.
The scheme will be delivered by a private sector delivery partner, through a Mutual Investment Moel contract with Welsh Government. Arcadis Arup Joint Venture (AAJV) are acting as the Authority’s Site Representative assisting Transport for Wales in the monitoring of the design, procurement, construction, completion testing and commissioning of the new works.
To assist and support the Geotechnical and Structures Managers and other site staff to fulfil their respective duties in relation to the design and construction of earthworks, foundations, and other ground related infrastructure for the Project.
- Relevant site experience on a major (£20M+) road or rail project
- Extensive experience in monitoring of Contractors’ quality management systems and quality plans and supervising of Contractors’ works
- Good knowledge of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Works Specification for Highway Works and Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
- Between 18-36 months starting from February 2022.
- Will have junior staff member to assist and mentor so experience of this would be beneficial
- Site and project experience
- Civil, highways schemes, Inspections, piling experience
- Experience in material testing
- Quality systems
- Experience of earthworks operations
- Can have background of highways projects or rail projects
- 7+ years’ experience
What are the key skills you feel the role requires?
- Experience of working with a large infra contractor
- Geo design experience is a must
- Designers site representative or onsite design lead background would be ideal
For more information please call Richard on 02392 322321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.