This is an exciting time to join the team as we are experiencing significant growth in our infrastructure planning business.
Due to significant growth plans within our Modelling and Appraisal teams, and a strong pipeline of exciting and diverse projects, we have opportunities for experienced Associate and Associate Directors in our Strategic Modelling team. The roles can be based in our UK or Ireland offices and we operate a hybrid working model which allows significant flexibility to balance office presence with working from home. The role will focus on delivering projects that use strategic highway, public transport and/or multi-modal models. With the support of the Modelling and Appraisal, Public Transport and Transport Planning teams, you will play a key role in delivering/managing projects.
- Delivering revenue and margin targets for the business and undertake work winning actions to expand our market share.
- With the support of the Modelling and Appraisal team, Public Transport and Transport Planning teams, you will play a key role in delivering/managing projects.
- Preparing technical reports for clients
- Preparation of proposal tenders and study methodologies
- Act as technical lead on projects or modelling tasks, including overseeing inputs of junior staff
- Skills transfer to junior team members
- Attending meetings and communicating with internal and external client
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree level qualification or above in a relevant subject (e.g. Transport Planning, Geography, Mathematics, Economics or Engineering)
- Masters degree in Transport Planning or similar an advantage
- Achieved or actively working towards post graduate qualification (TPP, CEng etc) would be desirable Experience with Strategic Transport Modelling Software (e.g. SATURN, CUBE, VISUM, EMME)
- Microsimulation Modelling (e.g. PARAMICS, VISUM, AIMSUN, LEGION)
- Understanding of development and application of transport models including
- knowledge of industry standards (e.g. WebTAG)
- Knowledge of Economic Appraisal
- Data analysis (including spreadsheets and databases) and problem-solving
- Reporting of model results
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent report writing skills essential.
- Experience managing projects and teams, as well as working independently.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams. Client facing experience essential.
- Track record winning and delivering projects >100k in value.
- Track record of business development, helping to advance internal systems/process, drive profitability and revenue growth, and a strong reputation in the transport profession highly desirable,
- We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with some opportunities for flexible working and career development.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.