Zero Maintenance Signalling Systems
Unipart Dorman worked in close collaboration with Network Rail and other industry stakeholders on the latest generation of LED railway signals and structures, resulting in the introduction of an innovative and unique Lightweight Signalling Range.
As a result of the new maintenance standard, all Unipart Dorman signals are designated ‘self-cleaning’ – requiring no visits in locations where they are exposed to free falling rain – therefore reducing the total cost of ownership.
A complete signalling system
As part of our continual drive to deliver world class solutions to our customers, we identified the requirement to deliver a complete zero maintenance signalling system. This system combines the range of lightweight, zero maintenance signals with innovative structures that remove the need for working at height, therefore generating operational, cost and safety benefits.
The Unipart Dorman Assisted Lift Trunnion (ALT) is designed to increase worker safety and reduce installation time. Using progressive rate spring technology, the lifting force required to raise and lower the signals is substantially reduced.
Our customers are experiencing the benefits of this innovative technology, which can be used for a wide range of signals and has been installed in hundreds of locations across the UK.
To continue the improvement of the product range, we have now developed the Heavy Duty Assisted Lift Trunnion (HD ALT), which can support taller or more complex signal head arrangements.
Other benefits of the Assisted Lift Trunnion include:
- Improved worker safety and installation time – signals can be installed, sighted and tested within 20 minutes
- Ideal for quickly and cost effectively replacing existing life expired structures
- Reduced costs and zero maintenance
- Simplified installation using basic handtools
- Suitable for the Unipart Dorman ‘Classic’ signal range, CLS LITE, Banner Repeaters, Route Indicators and Level Crossing Wig Wags
- Permanent lifting eye suitable for a variety of mechanical handling devices
- Signal alignment is completed at ground level
Learn more about the Assisted Lift Trunnion here and read our case study to understand how customers are benefiting from our Zero Maintenance solutions.
Visit https://www.unipartdorman.co.uk/ for more information.
Want to hear more about what we do? Scan the QR code and complete our form or visit www.unipartrail.com/signup.html