Railway Industry Association (RIA) and Rail Forum Midlands (RFM) announce joint membership offer for SMEs and entry level rail companies in the Midlands
The Railway Industry Association (RIA) and Rail Forum Midlands (RFM), the trade bodies for rail suppliers nationally and in the Midlands respectively, have announced a new joint membership offer that will allow SMEs and entry level rail companies with a rail turnover of less than £2.2 million to join both organisations for a 30% discount.
The offer means companies in the rail industry can benefit from membership of both RIA and RFM for:
- i) £945 per year for those with a rail turnover of less than £1m; and
- ii) £1,558 per year for turnover between £1m to £2.2m.
Normally, a joint first-year membership would be £1,350 and £2,225 respectively.
Put together, the joint RIA/RFM membership will provide an attractive package of activities and events, which includes:
- Substantially preferential rates and complimentary tickets to leading RIA and RFM industry events, including dinners, conferences, roundtable meetings and Parliamentary receptions;
- The latest sectoral intelligence and insights from both organisations on industry developments across the UK and the Midlands; and
- Opportunities to get involved in RIA and RFM’s lobbying, policy, technical and innovation, exports, and market networking activity.
Darren Caplan, Chief Executive of the Railway Industry Association (RIA), said: “This offer for SMEs and entry level rail companies in the Midlands is an exciting step forward in the strengthened relationship being developed between the Railway Industry Association and the Rail Forum Midlands in recent years. New joint members can secure a significant membership discount for both organisations and see for themselves how the wide range of activities and services we provide benefit not just individual new joiners, but also the rail supply family more widely. This is crucial as RIA and RFM seek to help grow a bigger and better rail supply sector in what are clearly uncertain times.”
Elaine Clark, Chief Executive Officer of Rail Forum Midlands, said: “Rail Forum Midland’s joint offer with the Railway Industry Association will provide tremendous benefits for organisations joining our two associations. Our various activities complement each other perfectly providing plenty for everyone from across the whole rail supply chain. It also means that joint members will have even more visibility of issues, developments and opportunities, both in the Midlands and the UK more widely.”
The Joint Membership Packages
- RIA and RFM joint membership packages and eligibility:
- Lowest joint membership rate: £945+VAT per annum.
UK rail turnover must be less than £1m
Owning company must have a turnover of less than £50m (if applicable)
b. Standard joint membership rate: £1,558+VAT per annum.
UK rail turnover must be between £1m and £2.2m
- Validity of the Offer: The offer is available for organisations joining between 1 March 2019 and 31 May 2019 and covers the period to the end of the first full subscription year for both associations (end March 2020 for RIA, end April 2020 for RFM)