Assurance Manager (Health, Safety, Quality and Environment)
Story Contracting is looking to recruit an Assurance Manager. Reporting to our HSQE Director, you will be required to manage our internal audit and assurance function, undertaking management system audits across our offices and worksites in accordance with the requirements of our Business Management System which is accredited to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 in order to ensure that our management system remains compliant and fit for purpose.
The business is a leading, award winning, rail, civil engineering and plant hire specialist based in Cumbria with offices across the north of England and Scotland.
You will also be required to support continued accreditation to other industry standards including:
- Network Rail Licences (PC/POS)
- Safe Contractor
- UVDB Verify
You will contribute to the production of monthly assurance reports covering all areas of the business and will continually promote awareness of legislative and industry quality standards with project delivery teams.
You will have excellent working knowledge of core ISO Standards (preferably within a construction and rail environments), be able to work on your own initiative in delivering an audit strategy in accordance with an agreed program and have a critical eye for detail but also recognise the importance of providing proactive support to project delivery teams. You will also hold a recognised audit qualification.
Essential knowledge, experience and qualifications required.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Working knowledge of UK regulations
- Working knowledge of Network Rail standards including the RISQS scheme
- Recognised auditor qualification
- Report writing and trend analysis skills
- Experience of quality, environmental and safety standards within the rail & construction industries
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage people in process and systems
- Good IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite
- Full driving licence
Desirable knowledge, experience and qualifications required.
- NEBOSH certificate or above in H&S or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of construction and rail industry accreditations schemes (such as RISQS, CHAS, Safe Contractor, Constructionline etc)
- Knowledge of ISO 44001
- Knowledge of ISO 27001
In response, you will receive a competitive salary, company car / car allowance, 26 days per year annual holiday, employer matched pension contributions and other benefits.
To apply, please click here.
View more jobs here.