A very exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Training and Competency Manager to take over management of the training team within a very respected training and assessment company in the Midlands area.
The business has a great reputation in the industry and is utilised by a range of clients within the Rail industry as their go-to training company for Permanent Way training and assessment requirements.
This is a great opportunity for someone to take the reins on Training and Competency within a very well established and respected business whilst having a key influencing position on the future success of the company.
The industry needs more competent rail engineers – you will be playing your part in the development of them!
In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties.
- Management of all training and competence delivery for the business ensuring that company personnel comply with industry and legislative requirements
- Management of trainers and assessors to ensure successful day-to-day training and assessment delivery, including Track Safety Trainer(s) and administrators
- Assessing and identifying all internal training and development needs
- Selecting and managing resources, including working with employees and training associates to develop and deliver training
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships
- Identifying training needs by consulting with the clients
- Effective coordination of training and development programmes for our clients
- Overseeing the creation, implementation, and improvement of all training and assessment materials including company practical sites in collaboration with the trainers and assessors
- Maintaining the company On-line Learning Portal and course information on the company website
- Monitor, support and develop all trainers and assessors
- Undertake the role of Sentinel Scheme Manager
- Liaise with the Quality Manager to maintain registration of the company on the ROATP
You will also be accountable for the following
- Ensuring course material is compliant with client requirements and legislation
- Liaising with the Health and Safety representative to ensure Health and Safety compliance with industry and legal requirements
- Ensuring compliance with the RTAS rules
- Managing the sponsorship of all Sentinel cardholders to ensure compliance with Sentinel Scheme Rules.
- Supporting the Quality Manager in maintaining RISQS accreditation
- Undertaking training and assessment delivery when emergency cover is required
For more information, please apply or get in contact on 02392 314799 / email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.