An excellent position has come in for an experienced Rolling Stock Technician with Mechanical and Electrical Fault Finding experience to work on one of Europe’s top High Speed lines.
We are assisting a client on their search for a skilled Technician with prior Rail experience to take over key technical responsibilities for some of the industry’s best fleet.
This is a great role for candidates with a few years experience under their belt to further develop their skillset in the industry and become a leader on High Speed trains.
What are your Responsibilities?
- Act as the representative on shift, providing technical support to the Operator’s production, performance and technical teams.
- With minimal supervision investigate rolling stock casualties, and produce analytical failure reports to determine root cause.
- Mitigate the risk of in-service failures through proactive intervention.
- Regularly monitor train defects and failures in traffic, and liaise with the customer.
- Download and process train diagnostic data, undertake fault finding to an advanced level.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigations and technical issues.
- Specialise in areas of technical and system expertise.
- Using digital tools, be able to interpret and analyse train data to improve reliability growth.
- Undertake performance analysis duties to improve and drive fleet performance.
- Coaching, mentoring and general Assistance of other team members with the development of technical skills by acting as a mentor.
- As required, attend off-depot meetings to support technical Investigations and resolution.
- Liaise with all departments, where required, to support the delivery of the contract.
- If required, deputise for line manager.
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety, Incidents / Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner.
- As required, respond to trends in unit defects and make recommendations on possible mitigations and counter measure.
- Undertake audits of customer’s maintenance practices to ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with the relevant standards.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- In depth knowledge of Rolling Stock systems / procedures including schematics, fault finding techniques and download analysis
- Engineering experience in the Rolling Stock sector
- Relevant engineering qualification and experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to fault-find using a number of different methods including diagnostic software
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to produce detailed analytical technical reports
- Good communication skills
We are hoping for the successful candidate to be in post ASAP so please respond to this in good time to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to apply contact Lewis Salter on 02392322373 – Lewis@RBDStride.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Lewis@RBDStride.co.uk.