We are recruiting for a large company within the infrastructure sector, who are looking for an experienced Site Agent to across a portfolio of small rail infrastructure/civil engineering projects. Our client would like to interview for this position as soon as possible; with expected high interest, early applications are advised.
A busy and fast paced business unit involved in a range of civil engineering works in a variety of sectors to include rail, Environment Agency and Local Authority. The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary civils projects across the Wessex and South-East regions.
Works are largely building and civils related and can extend to multi-disciplinary schemes including M&E, E&P. Existing contracts include rail infrastructure projects, lineside building projects, minor works framework schemes with works typically including bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms, access for all etc.), structures including bridges, tunnels, footbridges, flood repair and alleviation to name just a few examples.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Contracts Manager.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Site Agent in a rail and civil engineering environment.
- PTS / SMSTS
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- Experience as a Sub Agent or Site Agent in a rail contracting environment.
- Experience in rail working on civils associated projects
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.