The role offers the opportunity to head up and build a newly created team for a prestigious principal contractor within the rail sector. There will be a hands-on expectation to the role, so you will need to possess your IRSE design and verification licence. In order to elevate your chances an Engineering Managers licence would also be highly beneficial Please feel free to give me a call for a confidential chat on 02392 314 691 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for all in-house/sub contract/ agency design service ensuring that all design outputs meet programme milestones and all mandatory standards.
· On a project by project or contract basis decide / manage, based on size & complexity the required resource including agency & sub-contractors, documentation, ensuring you work within the allocated budget & issue sufficiently detailed daily / weekly work packs to your team to control progress & expenditure. Ensure any shortfalls are actioned within appropriate timescales.
· Management of attendance, staff rosters (to maximise efficiency), promotion, discipline, training, mentorship, competence & interdepartmental requirements.
· Provide effective communication of information to facilitate compliance with Statutory, Industry and Mandatory requirements for use by the projects team.
· Liaise with internal projects and client team personnel to ensure their requirements are understood and met with.
· Establish and maintain project files including records of: work planned; work achieved; in process checks undertaken; change control; compilation of H & S file; provision of as built information.
· Ensure that all proposed change is reviewed for effectiveness and compliance, client approvals are obtained where necessary and that the change is correctly logged, filed and claims submitted via commercial channels as applicable
· Undertake all work in accordance with all relevant client Standards and Instructions.
· Report to the allocated Project Engineer or Manager, as appropriate, on delivery, progress, technical queries, documentation & change issues arising.
· Undertake or participate in design & project engineering documentation reviews as required throughout the project lifecycle to ensure: compliance with Statutory, Industry, Mandatory and requirements, build ability and opportunities for efficiencies resulting in cost effectiveness.
· Complete and maintain project design risk registers and error/modification logs.
· Undertake design, checking work as directed & to the level authorised by your certificate of competence/Authority to work certificate.
· Undertake design office commissioning cover as directed to the level authorised by your Certificate Of Competence.
· Undertake the role of Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) and/or Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) design when required.
· Give advice on the interpretation of external signalling standards and prepare or assist with the preparation of internal procedures to complement such standards.
· Organise / attend engineering meetings as required ensuring all required onward briefings take place. This shall include project technical, interdisciplinary meetings & standards briefings.
· Undertake or participate in inquires and investigations as directed by Senior Management in accordance with Group Standards and Instructions.
· Undertake Risk Assessments as required throughout the project lifecycle.
· Provide input as required to the bid and work winning teams to ensure present the client with competitive and compliant tenders. Provide input as required on design, construction, methodologies and answer client questions in relation to tenders submitted.
· You must maintain an up to date IRSE competence Logbook to achieve and maintain as a minimum the competencies defined by the role.
· When necessary to overcome technical design / engineering problems consider and propose alternative risk assessed solutions that will meet the client specification.
· Issue certificates of competence, ATW to all staff reporting to you.
· Undertake training & mentorship of allocated staff as directed.
· Carry out annual IRSE logbook, C of C, ATW reviews for all staff reporting to you.
· You are expected to adhere to the code of conduct with specific regard to constantly promoting strong work ethic, problem solving, attitude, team work & drive for excellence in project delivery.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.