We are seeking a talented Senior Transport Planner to join our Transport Planning team.
The successful candidate will possess a broad technical background and skillset, and work flexibly to deliver projects, predominantly within our Transport, Sustainability and Cities markets. They will take responsibility for project delivery and coordinate project teams as Project Manager. The role will also include supporting the leadership team in Sheffield and across the sub-region in identifying and securing future work.
The variety of our projects means that we are seeking a flexible and creative individual who will work with the team to deliver integrated solutions across a range of project types and sectors, and will be able to communicate these effectively and in an engaging manner. In doing so, you will be rewarded with a broad and holistic appreciation of our projects, helping us deliver the value to our clients that differentiates the company.
- Support and manage the delivery of projects in the transport planning and business case field, along with those across the broader infrastructure, development, sustainability and economic regeneration sectors.
- Act as Project Manager on selected projects including managing scope, budget and programme and leading the project team.
- Be responsible for production of deliverables, including taking responsibility for work produced by others.
- Interface directly with clients, collaborators and stakeholders on a day to day basis.
- Lead meetings and presentations to clients and stakeholders and engage with them positively to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Communicate effectively and articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Support the professional development of junior colleagues.
- Work flexibly with the Transport Planning team in Sheffield, going beyond the ‘typical’ confines of your discipline to deliver creative and integrated solutions.
- Form part of the wider Planning team across the region, with time spent working outside of Sheffield with colleagues across our Northern offices.
- Support in the identification of future work opportunities and the writing of bids and tender submissions to respond to these.
Essential Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport Planning, Civil Engineering or other relevant degree and if not already achieved, actively working toward chartered membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Experience in transport planning and demonstrable experience in some or all of the following areas: strategy development; scheme identification and appraisal; outline design; business case development; development planning.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Strong communication skills and experience of stakeholder engagement, including the ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing, including the production of both technical and non-technical reports.
Desirable Requirements & Skills
- Experience of business development and building client relationships.
- An understanding of the Cities agenda and devolution.
- An interest in sustainable development and climate action.
- Wider knowledge of transport strategy and policy and transport economics including WebTAG, LUTI and WEBs.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of transport modelling and appropriate software packages.
It would be desirable to be a Chartered Member of a relevant institution and/or Project Management qualification.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security. In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.