We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Railway Planning business for the south of the UK, based in our central London office. Railway Planning is part of our wider Transport Consulting business in London..
The market focus for Railway Planning is in the following core areas:-
- Railway demand and revenue modelling
- Railway operational planning and modelling
- Railway business planning and strategy
- Rail business case and feasibility studies
- Rail regulatory and policy advice
- Rail asset management
This is an opportunity for you to take responsibility for project managing small and medium sized rail planning projects for a mix of public and private sector clients, as well as leading delivery of significant work packages within larger projects. Projects could range from demand and revenue forecasting studies through to development of business cases as well as railway strategies and plans.
You will also be expected to support business development activities, including client relationship development and management, securing commissions and opportunity identification.
- Expertise in demand and revenue forecasting and business case development using PDFH and TAG.
- Proven task and / or project management skills and the ability to successfully deliver railway planning projects to budget and time.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills including experience with spreadsheet best practice. Experience with coding languages such as VBA, R or python desirable as is experience with GIS software and digital techniques.
- An overall general understanding and appreciation of railway planning and management, and an understanding of the inter-relationships between strategies, plans and delivery mechanisms (such as concessions, rail projects and the overall contractual matrix / regulatory framework) in the UK rail industry.
- Ability to participate in meetings with clients and customers to demonstrate competence, understanding and a problem-solving attitude.
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area, such as Engineering, Planning, Geography, Operations Research, Mathematics or Science.
- Relevant industry experience within a consulting business environment.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies.
- Relevant Master’s degree or MBA.
- Known to key clients such as DfT Rail, Network Rail, ORR, TfL or Devolved Authorities.
- Chartered in relevant field of study.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security. In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.