Our client continues to develop their profile through a number of major projects in the UK, and following recent success is looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support the teams growth. Offering the opportunity to work in a collaborative, high performing team, working on large infrastructure projects, with a long programme of works. The role is based in York with extensive flexibility to work from home.
- To support the project manager in the effective management of time, cost and quality to plan through to project close out.
- To provide functional commercial support to the project management team and ensure that timely and appropriate cost and contract administration is maintained.
- Manage the key stakeholders on the project to provide the Alliance Management Team with accurate commercial reporting.
- Prepare all relevant commercial data for the periodic reporting cycle and to provide estimates to complete in support of project forecasts and budget reviews.
- Work with project teams in managing the cost impact and validation of change/compensation events and encourage the whole delivery team to strive to deliver value for money.
- Maintain necessary trackers to inform Project Management, Commercial and Project Controls reports, including EWN’s, NCE’s etc.
- Attendance to required risk reduction, change and progress meetings.
- Proactively manage and close out issues and risks, whilst maximising value for the project.
- Weekly and monthly progress reports as required.
- Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
- Coordinate with and support the project controls team.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management, change management, risk and KPI management.
- Prepare and manage all commercial correspondence and contractual notices issued in accordance with contractual conditions.
- Identify emerging problems, report contractual claims and support in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in conjunction with senior management
- Subcontract account management and work package management of affiliates.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Significant Quantity Surveying experience in high value civil engineering, building, M&E, rail or general construction and/or infrastructure projects.
- Main contractor or alliance experience.
- Experience in all aspects of post-contract commercial management on major infrastructure related projects
- Broad experience in the commercial management of projects and implementing effective cost control and change processes.
- Specific knowledge and experience of post-contract commercial services including those related to reporting, payment, variations, claims management and final account settlement.
- Specific understanding of railway and construction industry contracts, ideally NEC3 standard forms.
- Experience of resolution of construction contract disputes
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary co-ordination across major infrastructure projects and global design teams.
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to build and manage effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- BA Hons/BSc degree in Commercial Management, Quantity Surveying (or similar)
- Professionally Chartered Membership to an accredited body (CICES/RICS/CiArb), or working towards
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.