A global leader in public transport infrastructure, has specialised in the mass transit and rail market since the 1950s. Its ambition is to serve emerging needs for collective and sustainable mobility throughout the world. With a presence in 80 countries, managing over 3,000 projects for high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
We are actively hiring for a dedicated and experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team to support the development and continued success of this demanding area, focussed on engineering and infrastructure consultancy, particularly in the rail sector. The role will work across some of the highest profile and flagship infrastructure projects in the UK including HS2 and TRU. The main hubs for the team are in Birmingham or York balanced with the flexibility to work from home.
- Significant experience within the Rail industry ideally and proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Membership of The Association for Project Management and/or membership of a relevant professional institution and/or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Robust stakeholder management skills and a natural ability to expand and develop client relationships
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with membership/professional body roles, purposes, and activities.
- Sound Commercial and Contractual understanding of commonly used Construction Industry Contracts.
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
As part of the role you will also have proven experience of:
- Scope and schedule management
- Risk and issue management
- Finance and cost control management
- Resource and people management
- Benefits management
- Commercial and contract management
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope.
- Understand what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough, cross-functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders as appropriate to create a valid plan. Be able to discuss risk areas and convey impacts to scope or costs if a shorter schedule is demanded.
- Continual management and development of client relationships.
- Plan the project(s) in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities, dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
- Ensure a comprehensive budget is prepared, reflecting the plan and all resource needs.
- Ensure non-people resources are identified (e.g. tools, equipment, logistical costs etc.) so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
- Ensure all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and that justification for such resources is clear in the event of constraints arising as a result of other work responsibilities.
- Communicate to ensure that all resources understand their roles and accept their responsibilities and escalate where that commitment is not present.
- Direct and motivate the project team(s) to achieve the desired results, often using matrix management, and ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of third party suppliers to the project(s).
If this position is of interest or would like any further information, please apply here and I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.