The global leader in public transport infrastructure, SYSTRA has specialised in the mass transit and rail market since 1957. The main shareholders of SYSTRA are SNCF and RATP. Its ambition is to serve emerging needs for collective and sustainable mobility throughout the world. With a presence in 80 countries, SYSTRA manages over 3,000 projects for high-speed systems, traditional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
With ambitious growth plans, this is an exciting time to join SYSTRA Ltd as they continue to develop and raise their profile in the UK with the hire of a Senior Engineer – OLE. The successful candidate would join their busy and growing Overhead Line Electrification (Contact Systems) Team with significant opportunity for flexible working. This position will suit a committed and ambitious engineer, who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part in a dynamic high-performance team. The Senior Engineer will lead the design of overhead line electrification solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements. Act as design checker, Lead Engineer and OLE CRE on high profile projects such as West Coast Power Supply Upgrade.
- Degree/HND/HNC in a relevant engineering subject.
- Proficiency in Network Rail OLE infrastructure design and/or construction.
- Detailed knowledge of OLE design.
- Detailed knowledge of multi-disciplinary issues associated with OLE design.
- Detailed knowledge of construction principles and design standards.
- Detailed knowledge of the application of safety standards/legislation including CDM and CSM-RA.
- CRM: Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Develops networks inside and outside the business, works in partnership across departments and divisional boundaries.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office packages.
- Good commercial awareness including programming and delivery to budgets and timescales.
- Delivery of business results through effective planning and implementation.
- Demonstrate working/communicating across teams within the company to ensure delivery of projects and works collaboratively within and across teams.
- Is passionate about results, holds self and others accountable for performance against targets.
- Transforms business performance by continuously seeking better ways of doing things.
- Takes responsibility for own development and career progression.
- A role model, with excellent leadership and takes the lead when others require direction.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to motivate others, to support the business.
- Design projects in accordance with client requirements.
- Lead the design of overhead line electrification solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements.
- Act as design checker, Lead Engineer and OLE CRE on specific projects as directed by the Discipline Lead.
- Lead projects and provide task guidance and monitoring of performance.
- Provide project progress reports and updates to the Discipline Lead and Project Management Organisation.
- Achieve the scope agreed with the Project Manager, Project Engineer and others to effectively deliver projects to current engineering and safety standards.
- Achieve personal and project targets including utilisation, delivering projects to budget and programme.
- Manage other members of the OLE Team, provide mentorship to assist their development, and to enhance the skills within the OLE Team to meet business objectives.
- Promote and maintain good relationships with all internal and external parties to enhance the reputation of the OLE Team and SYSTRA.
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff and others affected by the operations of SYSTRA.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please contact Karl Davies on 0239 2322325 or email email@example.com. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.