I’m recruiting for a well-established multi-disciplinary design consultancy where you will be dealing predominantly within Rail and including some water and utilities for major projects across the UK. The business is aggressively expanding due to attaining further major projects to be worked on over the next few years.
They are looking for experienced civil and structural biased AutoCAD Technicians to deliver high quality drawings in line with relevant CAD standards. You will be required to assist with the development of other and more junior CAD Technicians which will further aid in the growth of the business.
The business is currently transitioning to MicroStation within the Rail sector. Having experience of MicroStation and Revit will be beneficial as this is used across multiple sectors within the business, although you must have at least 5 years’ experience in AutoCAD to be considered for this position.
This role could be suited to an experienced CAD Technician / CAD Engineer already taking on some roles at a senior level, Design Engineer, Draughtsman/Draughtswoman.
- 5+ years’ experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation (including minimum 1+ years’ experience of MicroStation)
- Experience with AECOsim or OpenBuildings is favourable
- Experience mentoring other CAD Technicians and other junior members of the team
- Experience working on power generation and/or signalling projects is favourable
- Knowledge of Network Rail CAD standards and procedures
- Experience within a BIM environment
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Reporting into the CAD manager
- Develop designs using required CAD systems into quality technical drawings
- Maintain drawing records and ensure accurate document control
- Ensuring designs meet client specification and expectation
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Working on Rail focused projects currently covering power generation and signalling.
- Working with other like-minded technicians and engineers to complete challenging projects throughout the UK.
- Office location in York.
- Generous salary on offer.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
Contact me directly on 02392 322 325 / Karl@RBDStride.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Karl@RBDStride.co.uk.