About the Client
They are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior ESG Consultant with excellent technical knowledge and experience, and a desire to deliver meaningful work with successful outcomes for our clients through innovative solutions.
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced senior ESG consultant, specialising in responsible business, ESG strategy and reporting. The role is based in the Environment Team in London.
Your role would be to lead work with clients at a corporate /organisational /portfolio level across a range of sectors, and in particular support the growth of our sustainable finance team.
Typical work will involve:
• Visioning and future scenario testing
• Materiality Assessment
• Objective, target and KPI setting
• Sustainability/ESG Strategy development
• Strategy implementation
• Monitoring and assessment
• Reporting and feedback
• Investor disclosure.
In delivering this work, the role requires close working with other teams including digital, behaviour change, communications, foresight, planning, urban design and environmental and social topic specialists.
You will be Project Manager on a number of projects, responsible for understanding a client’s needs, bringing together the right skills from across the company, and managing all aspects of the project to deliver valuable outcomes for the client.
The role is very client focussed, and you will manage relationships with a number of different clients. You would be involved in aspects including mentoring, resource management, marketing and business planning and be able to lead on bidding processes for new work.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be a key technical ambassador, working closely with our clients as well as the wider industry. You will be a self-motivated, proactive, realistic and collaborative person that strives to deliver solutions of the highest quality and exhibits an excellent attention to detail: your actions should inspire and instil confidence in clients, partners and peers alike.
You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious individual with existing environmental / sustainability consultancy experience, able to work on your own initiative. You will have knowledge, or first-hand experience, in most or all of the following areas:
• Experience in developing and implementing sustainability strategies/management systems for organisations/sectors.
• Experience developing ESG/sustainability reports in accordance with recognised standards
• Strong Project Management skills
• Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation.
Knowledge of relevant standards and schemes including:
• Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
• Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD)
• EMS ISO 14001
Desirable skills and knowledge:
• Experience across a range of sectors in both industry and consulting, particularly the property, infrastructure, retail and finance sectors.
• Background in sustainable finance or economics
• Sustainable Supply Chain Management
• Sustainability Training
• Sustainable Event Management.
• Education to degree level but preferably a Masters degree.
• Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent
• Chartered Environmentalist or working towards Chartered Environmentalist
In addition to technical skills, other competencies will include:
• Excellent leadership and organisational skills
• Strong project management skills including demonstrable experience of managing financial and quality performance and risk.
• Strong business development skills, with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business, for example managing and coordinating proposals.
• Strong desire to encourage junior team members in their professional development.
• Proficient in excel and numerically.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.