I’m recruiting for a well-established and leading UK principal contractor dealing predominantly within Rail for major projects across the UK. The business is rapidly expanding due to securing further long-term Frameworks with key clients.
Due to the expansion of their E&P team, they are looking for a CRE level Senior Engineer to check and deliver high quality design solutions in line with necessary standards. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and further their professional development.
Projects will typically include point heating, lighting at stations, and signalling power upgrades etc.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- Proficiency in Network Rail E&P design.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of LV E&P design within Rail.
- Experience working in role of CRE.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary projects and interacting with Civils, Signalling, Telecoms, P-Way, or OLE.
- Detailed knowledge of AutoCAD / MicroStation / ProjectWise / Hevacomp / Amtech / DIALux.
- IEng/CEng accreditation with relevant Engineering Institution or working towards.
- Experience within a BIM environment.
- Detailed knowledge of CDM is desirable.
- Understanding on LUL standards is desirable.
- Develops networks inside and outside the business, works in partnership across departments and divisional boundaries.
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office packages.
- Good commercial awareness including programming and delivery to budgets and timescales.
- Delivery of business results through effective planning and implementation.
- Passionate about results, holds self and others accountable for performance against targets.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to motivate others, to support the business.
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language.
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain.
- Design projects in accordance with client requirements.
- Reporting to the Principal E&P Engineer.
- Direct reports include E&P Design Engineer, Assistant E&P Engineer, and Training E&P Engineer.
- Transform business performance by continuously seeking better ways of doing things.
- Input into tenders.
- Act as design checker and E&P CRE on specific projects as directed by the Discipline Lead.
- Achieve personal and project targets including utilisation, delivering projects to budget and programme.
- Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff and others affected by the operations of the company.
- Manage other members of the E&P Team, provide mentorship to assist their development, and to enhance the skills within the E&P Team to meet business objectives.
- Promote and maintain good relationships with all internal and external parties to enhance the reputation of the E&P Team and the company.
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging major projects throughout the UK.
- Office located in York with flexibility of home working included depending on experience.
- Company car or car allowance (if Chartered).
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.