We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Environmental team, initially working as part of our Main Works Civils High Speed 2 project team, by recruiting an experienced Ecologist.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Ecologist to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment.
Main Duties of the role:
- Effective liaison and coordination with multidisciplinary design teams, as well as client facing liaison with statutory and non-statutory bodies
- Programming and coordination of data sets and site surveys and organising specialist ecological surveys as and when required. Ensuring tasks are correctly priced and seeing through delivery on time and to budget.
- Maintaining and constantly improving the ecological surveying and reporting procedure to increase effective information transfer throughout the schemes delivery process.
- Advise internal and external clients / colleagues on ecological matters
- Leading site walkovers / surveys
- Report writing and review of less senior ecologists site reports and associated documentation.
- Facilitation and project management of ecological mitigation design
- Undertake ecological assessment work as part of EIA’s
- Implement ecology related strategic documents such as management plans and minimum requirements
- Liaise with designers, contractors and the client regarding ecological elements of schemes.
- Apply for licences and consents and understand undertakings and assurances associated with planning commitments.
- Deliver ecological training/workshops and element specific toolbox talks.
- Advise sub-contractors and in-house teams working on ecologically sensitive works.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with all legal requirements via the processes set out in the Health and Safety Procedures. Ensuring Team compliance on H&S for site visits
- For all works – ensure compliance at all times with European and UK Environmental and Wildlife Laws.
- Support the Environment Discipline Lead for the UK and Engineering Leads on all project works including – commercial aspects – accurate Fee Estimate production, forecasting, early warning notification etc including meetings with internal and external client Project Managers and specialists where fee estimate and programme justification is required.
- Recommendations for environmental innovation and improvements for engineering schemes including the promotion of sustainable design solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a relevant environmental subject
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Chartered status or working towards
- Holding relevant licences i.e. GCN and/or bat licence is essential.
- ECI Contract experience on infrastructure projects would be an advantage.
- Standardised habitat survey methodologies (Phase 1, NVC etc.)
- UK protected and invasive species
- Key Environmental/Ecological legislation
- Faunal survey methodologies
- Biodiversity Action Planning
- Habitat creation techniques
- Ecological Management Plans
- Habitat management theory and practice
- UK species identification and taxonomy
- Conservation management and planning
- Environmental condition assessment
- Arboricultural Expertise
- Experience in Biodiversity off setting / No Net Loss
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security. In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
For more information please call Richard on 02392 322321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.