We are recruiting for a large company within the infrastructure sector, who are looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Manager. You will be a part of a busy fast paced team involved in a range of projects covering M&E and telecoms. Our client would like to interview for this position as soon as possible; with expected high interest, early applications are advised.
The role will be based in London, however could require some travel. Key responsibilities of the role include but not be limited to:
- Contract Management, leading commercial and contract meetings.
- Cost Management including preparation of interim and final accounts and monthly reports.
- Estimating and managing risk
- Contract Change Control
- Comply with QMS, processes and procedures.
- Procurement – provide expertise, during tendering and procurement, regarding the drafting and negotiation of contract types and mechanisms. Contribute towards development of supplier and sub-contract frameworks.
- Tendering- Lead in the tender vetting process to ensure all developing business opportunities and bids meet agreed commercial criteria, including profitability and risk minimisation.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients to expand future work-banks, identifying opportunities for growth through new contracts, variations and business relationships
- Prepare, develop and implement commercial strategies for pre and post tender
- Take a leading role in transitioning the handover of projects tendered into live projects
- Contract administration including providing advice on contractual matters and formulating contractual/legal correspondence
- Review competencies of direct reports, ensure that they have suitable training, qualifications and behaviours to meet the commercial requirements of their role
Who we are looking for..
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of NEC contracts (all options)
- Demonstratable knowledge and understanding of Construction law and standard forms of contract
- Knowledge and demonstratable understanding of financial management
- Adept knowledge of MS Office packages inc, Excel, Project and Word
- Ability to use programme analysis and measurement of Earned Value
- Experience of tendering and pre-contract cost analysis
- Understands conflict avoidance, conflict management and dispute resolution procedures
- Negotiating, settling and agreement of Interim / Final Accounts
- Ability to work flexibly, for changing business needs
- Ability to balance the interest of the customer with the interests of the business
- Hold a valid CSCS card or equivalent (PTS etc)
- Full UK driver’s license
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive annual salary DOE
- Competitive holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.