I’m recruiting for a well-established and leading UK principal contractor dealing predominantly within Rail for major projects across the UK. The business is rapidly expanding due to securing further long-term Frameworks with key clients.
Due to the expansion of their Civil & Structural Design team, they are looking for engineers at various levels to delivery high quality design solutions in line with necessary standards. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and further their professional development.
The in-house design team is responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects, and tendered Rail/civils schemes. Projects will typically include stations (platforms etc), bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, access for all schemes, and structures including bridges, footbridges, and tunnels.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Ideally Chartered or at advanced stages with relevant professional body at either Chartered or Incorporated
- Background in Rail / Civil & Structural engineering design with experience in client, contractor, or consultancies
- Experience managing other Engineers, Technicians, and other members of the team
- Experience working on civil engineering projects (bridges, structures, stations, platforms etc.)
- Knowledge of Network Rail CAD standards and procedures
- Experience within a BIM environment
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Reporting into the Design Manager
- Submission for quality design documents in accordance with NR/L2/CIV/003, and collating the key components
- Liaise with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Ensuring designs meet client specification and expectation
- Input into tenders
- Maintain understanding of commercial aspects of projects and ensure cost control measures
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Produce designers risk assessments using a variety of forms
- Provide weekly reports outlining work plans, forecasts, and key achievements
- Conduct outline design and detailing of civil infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Produce details, specifications, and calculations for retaining walls, pad and piled foundations, steelwork, RC concrete slabs, and masonry walls
- Working on a variety of Civil & Structural Rail focused projects.
- Working with other like-minded technicians and engineers to complete challenging projects throughout the UK.
- Office location in York.
- Company car or car allowance (if Chartered or Incorporated) and healthcare.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
To apply for this job email your details to Karl@RBDStride.co.uk.