In support of our ambitious growth plans, we are seeking a Regional Programme Director to lead on all aspects of client engagement, winning work and delivering work on a regional basis. Along with delivering current projects such as the Trans-Pennine Route Upgrade, these roles will take responsibility for the growth of the company’s conventional rail and infrastructure portfolio in the UK.
These high-profile roles represent unique opportunities for talented individuals to positively impact both ours and our Clients’ businesses. They are national roles available with the flexibility to balance working from home with time in our, UK offices including York, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow or Edinburgh offices. These positions will suit experienced, committed individuals that can demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in combination with technical and commercial awareness, allowing them to play a significant part in growing a dynamic, high performing team.
- Programme leadership in one of three core regions in the UK
- Building lasting client, partner and supply chain relationships in the region
- Ownership and delivery against regional sales targets, building winning teams to bid for and secure future orders
- Operational delivery and profit/loss reporting for all projects within the regional portfolio to time, cost, quality, safety, health, sustainability expectations
- Building and maintaining world class project delivery teams
- Line management of project management staff within the region
- Accountable for overall technical, management and project performance within programmes of work, a projects portfolio and/or larger value, complex major projects from tender to implementation.
- Engagement with wider Group organisation to develop close working relationships and to harness offshore delivery capabilities, innovations, and technical excellence.
- Accountable for accurate and timely project reporting.
- Actively champion continuous improvement within a collaborative learning environment.
- Build and maintain a strong external personal profile which promotes the key values of the company.
- Accountable for maintaining your project portfolios compliance to all Health and Safety requirements.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Significant programme management experience within the Rail industry with proven track record of delivering complex projects to time, cost, and quality.
- Membership of The Association for Project Management and/or membership of a relevant professional institution and/or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Takes responsibility for promoting self-development, maintaining CPD and undertaking any identified training and learning to maintain current proficiency and keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods, and best practice.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, membership/professional body roles, purposes, and activities.
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and ProjectWise and MS Project.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- A desire for accuracy and consistent, high quality work delivery.
- Ability to influence.
- Well-rounded communication and interpersonal skills matched with emotional intelligence.
- Proven relationship building behaviors linked to creating and maintaining business contact networks.
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.