My client continues to develop and raise their profile in the UK with the hire of a Quantity Surveyor. Offering the opportunity to work in a collaborative, high performing team, working on HS2 and other large infrastructure projects, with a long programme of works. The role is based in London/Birmingham with extensive flexibility to work from home.
- To support the Sub Lot project management team in the effective management of time, cost and quality to plan, through to project close out.
- Provide functional and productive commercial support to the project management team, ensuring that timely reporting and contract administration is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with all processes, in support of project and corporate governance. Interfaces Support the preparation of all relevant commercial data for the monthly billing cycle, including revenue invoicing, subcontract liabilities/accruals, expenses and timesheets.
- Support the change control team, as needed in relation to change management, administration and monthly project reporting, including forecasts and budget reviews, where needed.
- Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management, change management, risk and KPI management.
- Identify emerging problems, report contractual claims and support in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in conjunction with senior management.
- Experience in high value civil engineering, building, M&E, rail or general construction and/or infrastructure projects.
- Main contractor or alliance experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or professional qualification.
- Significant relevant experience in all aspects of post-contract commercial management on major infrastructure related projects
- Broad experience in the commercial management of projects and implementing effective cost control and change processes.
- Specific understanding of railway and construction industry contracts, including NEC standard forms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilient in the face of challenge and adversity with high attention to detail and good interpersonal skills the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Professionally Chartered Membership to an accredited body (CICES/RICS/CiArb or equivalent) or working towards
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.