This is an exciting time to join the team as we are experiencing significant growth in our infrastructure planning business.
We currently have immediate opportunities to join our Public Transport team in the Consultancy business, at Principal Consultant and Associate level. We offer flexibility to work from home, focussing on demanding and innovative projects delivering to our strategic client base, and are open to basing successful candidates at any of our offices throughout the UK. The primary role is to support the safe delivery of work packages and projects, and proposal development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the technical delivery of rail advisory and transport modelling projects
- Project management
- Proposal management
- Skill transfer to team members
- Client liaison and management
- Support business development initiatives
- Identifying and effectively communicating client/project objectives
- Model quality assurance for investment/transaction decisions
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports and presentations
- Degree in a numerate subject (Transport Planning, Maths, Science etc.) or Master in Transport Planning
- Experience in Transport modelling with broader transport planning skills using software such as CUBE, SATURN, EMME and/or VISUM, or spreadsheet based models for rail passenger demand/revenue using the PDFH framework
- Author & reviewer of Transport Modelling reports
- Data Analysis and Problem-Solving skills
- Experience of the development and application of transport models
- Spreadsheet Modelling (following Modelling Best Practice Guidelines)
- Analysing and reporting model results
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of government transport policy and guidelines
- Proposal Writing and contribution to work winning
- Working for private and public-sector clients
- Quality Assurance
- Awareness of industry standard processes and databases (LENNON, NRPS, NTS, etc.)
- Operating Cost Modelling
- Performance Modelling
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
For more information please call Richard on 02392 322321 or email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.