A challenging and unusual opportunity where you will be supporting the Design Manager and leading one of the professional technical delivery teams on innovative cross functional rail projects throughout the UK.
This full-time role is based in the UK and reports to the Design Manager. Your work location will be centred at the clients Headquarters Offices, but you will be able to work within the company’s “Agility Framework and Hybrid Work Policy”. This Policy is co-ordinated so that the day-to-day work base can be adaptable – we have adopted “TEAMS” software as our virtual meeting platform. Attending the offices may be required for essential client meetings, mentor meetings and peer review. Our client has been consistently productive with an agile approach to work location whilst still meeting delivery deadlines. In this respect an Agility Framework will be agreed with each team member and subject to a risk assessment. With reasonable notice, attending sites meetings will be subject always to the appropriate Health & Safety guidelines in force.
- Current Principles Design License category 1.1.550
- Verifiers1.1.160 License (within the IRSE framework)
- HNC or higher qualification in an engineering discipline
- Working toward Chartered Engineer or Engineering Manager
- CRE experience and understanding of the Bid/Tender process
- At least 10 years’ experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Self-motivated and comfortable with development good working relationships in a collaborative approach
- Assist the Signalling discipline leader in the management of the design delivery elements of a wide variety of projects and technical consulting tasks.
- Self-motivated and driven by deadlines and deliverable targets working with cross functional project specialists both internal and external.
- Participating in the preparation of the project programme with other functional specialists; including associated time and resource planning and skills matrix development
- Developing the design scope from the client’s technical documentation, supporting tender submissions and pre-project site visits
- Following programmes closely and being responsible for risk and impact assessments that may have significant effects on meeting key dates as the project progresses through its phases.
- Bringing feedback from technical review meetings to the design team and related functions
- Participating and supporting the Design Manager’s weekly Design Review “Flash” meeting, taking the Chair when the Design Manager is not available.
- Being a tactical point of contact for assigned client projects, attending meetings and site visits.
- Mentoring colleagues to ensure that appropriate technical standards are deployed and technical methodologies consistent with a highly safety critical environment.
- Provide regular reports on your team project performance and review progress so that programme timescales are met and exceeded.
- Implement the design scope and ensure that the design team understand the project requirements.
For more information, please apply or contact me directly on 02392 322 325 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.