Are you looking to be a part of major Rail projects in the UK? Do you acquire a demonstrable skillset of a Principal Designer and have a high level of experience with CDM Regulations? Consider the opportunity and make that Stride in your career!
- A NEBOSH Construction (or similar) and/or design certificate
- Highly knowledgeable in Risk Assessment and Design Risk Management process and techniques
- Understanding of the General Principals of Prevention and its application and promotion through the design phase
- Experience of general construction activities and methods
- Sound knowledge of engineering design standards for the UK Rail Network and British and European Standards
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Ideally membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional institution eg. IOSH, ICE, APS
- Experienced and sound knowledge of engineering design and construction principles and standards (Rail is desirable)
- Significant experience in Rail working at a similar level (Principal Designer / Senior Designer / Engineer level)
- Able to audit and inspect internal projects and processes
- Ability to lead and support others through compliance with CDM requirements
- High level of co-operation and co-ordination between project team and individual members
- Proficient communicator and ability to control multi-disciplinary meetings
- Ability to perform duty on simple and complex multi-disciplinary projects working alongside Designers
- Nurture business and client relationships
- Ability to demonstrate effective working/communicating across teams with the company to ensure delivery of projects
- Commercial awareness
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Computer literate – specifically Microsoft Office package
- Ability to challenge opinion and way oof thinking of others in a professional and pro-active manner
- Ability to stand in front of groups and instruct
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Experienced in successful application and management of CDM in multi-disciplinary Railway project environment (Client, Designer, and Principal Designer duties)
- Facilitate Hazard Identification, Hazard Review, and other design focussed workshops
- Manage and provide guidance on issues involving CDM and general construction activities (multi-sector construction)
- Frequently monitor and inspect company projects from a CDM perspective to report on levels of compliance
- Identify occurrences which provide opportunity for improvement
- Provide input to company focus groups when required
- Provide support to any project and client as allocated
- Provide support to the System Safety Manager and Systems Team
- Secure repeat business through proactive client management
- Manage and work to agreed budgets
- Win work by providing technical input into bids and proposals
- Ensure compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 within Pre-Construction Phase, through execution of the Principal Designer Duty (Regulation 11)
- Aid in business development and continual improvement through multi-disciplinary collaboration to enhance service delivery and processes
- Working on major rail projects for a multi-national consultancy.
- Home based 4 days a week – 2 days in the office.
- Office based in York with on-site parking and within walking distance from York train station.
- Competitive benefits package
If you do not possess the relevant experienced required for the role and do not receive a response within 48 hours upon sending your CV, then you can assume that your application has not been successful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.