We are recruiting a Principal/Associate Transport Planner for our Modelling and Appraisal team. This role has been created to meet existing and future demands and offers significant career progression potential for the right person. The role can be based in any of our UK offices with extensive flexibility to work from home. Our modelling and appraisal team provide a wide range of services including; planning and evaluating future transport schemes, forecasting demand and revenue, developing and evaluating transport policy, providing advisory services to various governmental agencies, developing business cases and undertaking economic appraisals.
- Transport Planning including modelling and economic appraisal;
- Funding bids, development and/or auditing of business cases.
- Transport Policy and Strategy development.
- Planning and Design of Traffic and Demand Management Schemes;
- Act as project manager including liaising with clients and other design teams;
- Be responsible for the delivery of project solutions;
- Transportation analysis and the preparation of reports;
- Prepare fee proposals and manage budgets for individual projects
The successful candidate will need to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and have experience with TII / National Transport Authority scheme appraisal and project management requirements.
- Relevant Degree in engineering, transport planning, economics, mathematics, computer science, geography or other relevant area
- Relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CEng, TPP) would be desirable
- Good knowledge and experience of appraisal, economics, funding and business cases.
- Some knowledge of modelling (without necessarily being a modelling expert) would be advantageous.
- Ability to train and oversee junior members of staff
- Significant experience in transport planning or a related area
- Knowledge of benefit appraisal tools including TUBA, COBALT, AMAT, PERS/VURT
- Good project management skills.
- Ideally experience in Transport Policy and Strategy.
- Strategic, practical and creative thinker
- Proven strong analytic and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential to the role
- Excellent project management, presentation, facilitation and writing skill
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.