We are looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as HS2 and TRU, we are building on our 50 years of success in the UK by growing our team and looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Strategic Sales team, by recruiting an experienced Market Director.
THE STRATEGIC SALES TEAM
The Strategic Sales team is responsible for all pre contract activity, having responsibility for the Sales performance of the business, owning and managing corporate relationships and defining and implementing strategies to achieve planned growth in existing and new market areas.
We have established markets in High Speed Rail and Conventional Rail and are looking to grow our market share in Infrastructure (specifically Highways) and Environmental Services.
We are working on some of the UK’s most high-profile rail engineering projects, including High Speed 2 and with key clients and stakeholders such as Network Rail, Transport for London and their supply chain. We have ambitious plans to grow our market share in Conventional Rail and promote existing capability in Environmental Services and Infrastructure (specifically Highways).
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB
To achieve our ambitious targets for growth, the post holder will define and implement the strategy for work winning in the Conventional Rail and Infrastructure markets. This will be done through identifying clear strategic pursuit priorities for funded schemes, supported with well-developed capture plans. The post holder will be responsible for identifying key accounts and managing stakeholder relationships at opportunity level. The post holder will be responsible for the Sales performance in the Conventional Rail and Infrastructure market area and will oversee the conversion of identified opportunities in to winning bids, drawing on the best resources and references from across the Group.
Duties associated with this post will include:
- Being an external figure head for the company in the conventional rail/infrastructure market
- Defining and implementing the company’s strategy for growth in conventional rail/infrastructure markets
- Implement rigorous/on time monthly strategic sales routines and reporting in line with the requirements of UK Engineering and Group.
- Expand conventional rail/infrastructure pipeline and secure order intake to achieve budget targets
- Build relationships with UK conventional rail/infrastructure contractors and Network Rail
- Stay up to date with market intelligence and latest thinking and build this into our bid submissions
- Develop winning capture plans for key must win prospects
- Identify winning teams and partnerships at capture stage, and put in place all necessary commercial arrangements
- Securing workload to meet revenue targets as specified in the budget
- Dissemination of company messages and strategy to clients and partners
- Understand the breadth of the company offering in the UK and globally, and promote this to key clients
- Work with the marketing team to develop campaigns and content to support strategic pursuits
- Ownership of commercial budget for conventional rail and infrastructure
- Living and breathing the company values of Excellence, Bold Leadership and Connected Teams
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Leadership of project/bid teams
- Proven track record of project delivery experience in the UK rail industry
- Commercial and contract management awareness
- Previous line management experience
- Previous exposure to both occupational and technical safety on projects
- Experience of collaborative working relationships
- Engineering or similar technical Degree level qualification desirable.
- Thorough understanding of UK rail market
- Good network
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong, lasting relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- A team player capable of leading and focusing team members to achieve objectives.
- Good presentation skills.
- Motivates and develops colleagues to grow in support of the business
- Able to demonstrate excellent client relationship skills
- Innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to empathise with clients and understand their needs
- Ability to create compelling, innovative value propositions for key clients
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
For more information contact 02392 322321 or email your cv to richard@RBDStride.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to richard@RBDStride.co.uk.