If you are looking for an exciting new role to work on Rails most high profile project, in a senior influencing position then please keep reading!
We have been engaged by our client as they look to add to the Integration Team with both a Lead and a Capability Engineer. The role will see the successful candidates working closely with the Systems team to achieve the end state performance for passengers and the general public.
The key accountabilities of the role are;
- Lead delivery of the Capabilities workstream to ensure that railway will deliver the required end-state railway Capabilities for passengers, the operator and the general public;
- Provide leadership and management of the Capability integration team ensuring the team delivers the required outputs to the right quality, on time and to budget;
- Define the methodology to deliver the Capabilities workstream and lead collaboration with stakeholders across the programme to ensure that suitable resources, tools and process are in place to deliver this;
- Provide leadership for systems engineering to ensure that appropriate analysis and modelling to define the multi-disciplinary requirements, interfaces and technical solutions for each capability is undertaken including;
- Disaggregating and allocating railway level Capability requirements into delivery organisation and contract works information so that there are clear contract requirements and obligations for delivery;
- Capturing evidence, monitor progress, identify and manage integration risks to ensure that the maturity in delivering each capability is managed progressively so that the required end state performance is achieved;
- Working closely with technical specialists in engineering, operations and maintenance and system-safety to ensure that the development and delivery of the Capabilities is fully integrated;
- Provide engineering leadership and systems integration thinking as a whole, acting as a key support, leader and communicator for the implementation of systems integration across;
- Plan and manage work so that it aligns with the overall delivery schedule.
You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to provide specialist technical direction and leadership on systems as well as sub-systems level discipline-specific scientific, technical and engineering principles to project development / delivery teams
- Ability to ascertain when to seek further guidance from other Subject Matter Expert or others
- Ability to provide technical, commercial management and leadership skills to support project development / delivery teams, working under supervision of line manager (or delegate).
- Ability to assimilate a wide range of multi-disciplinary information, problem solve and articulate systems engineering solutions;
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a wide range of colleagues.
- Ability to formulate multi-disciplinary technical integration recommendations to peers and the senior leadership team.
- Ability to apply principles and methods that ensure effective information management, modelling and data security.
- Understanding of approaches and consequences to data creation, transformation and visualisation
- Understanding of systems engineering and a range of sub-systems involved in railways;
- Knowledge of application of systems engineering;
- Knowledge of application of the Common Safety Method (CSM) for risk evaluation and assessment;
- Understanding of the Regulatory/Legislative Framework relevant to the project;
- Commercial awareness including understanding of cost delivery, schedule targets and the need to deliver an integrated solution that meets all functional requirements.
- Chartered Engineer/Membership of an appropriate professional institution or the equivalent experience.
Please get in touch ASAP if you wish to find out more details 02392322373 – Lewis@rbdstride.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Lewis@rbdstride.co.uk.