We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our multidisciplined rail and infrastructure business offering tailored solutions to a number of clients.
As a Commercial Manager you will provide a dedicated and complete pre and post contract commercial management service, and act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders, for one of our major projects. This role will be accountable for safeguarding the commercial, financial, contractual and legal interests of the business relating to one of our major projects
- Primary responsibility for negotiating contract changes, ad hoc agreements, claims and variations, as well as monthly applications for payment and final accounts, in conjunction with the project management teams;
- Responsible for all external negotiation in respect of variations to achieve commercially advantageous outcomes within delegated authority;
- Develop work bank for areas and develop relationships with customers to bring works to the market in line with P&L center forecasts;
- Provide support and advice to the project management teams on matters such as contract compliance, contract awareness, contract change management, claims, variations, legal and financial matters, liaising where necessary with other specialist advisors and Centre’s of Expertise within the business and the organisation at large;
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key internal functions and with appropriate levels within the client project organisation;
- Identify, communicate and manage through to completion, scopes of work to be undertaken by Centres of Expertise;
- Maximise project and business profitability throughout the project lifecycle delivered through professional commercial management;
- Agree and deliver an effective commercial management strategy with the project management team and the Centres of Expertise for assigned projects;
- Develop commercial understanding and competence across the project management community;
- Liaise closely with the Senior Commercial Manager ensuring the consistent use of best practice contract and commercial techniques across the company;
- Support development of commercial competence across the wider business community;
- Develop long-term proactive relationships with customers and project managers and project teams;
- Manage the commercial risk review systems;
- Establish and maintain cost/value management systems;
- Provide commercial reports as required;
- Support the Regional Commercial Managers in the production of client reports;
- Ensure all commercial processes and document control complies with the appropriate company standards and governance;
- Manage contract administration in accordance with the contract;
- Maintain complete commercial contractual records.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar) (essential)
- Strong track record in a high value post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, defence, construction, IT etc. (essential)
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts (essential)
- Experience in Alliance contracting (desirable)
- Good customer facing skills, as well as experience of being actively involved as a team member in high-value, complex bid teams, ideally with experience of proposal and tender writing (essential)
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements of the commercial management role and their inter-relationship (essential)
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at senior levels (essential)
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment (essential)
- Experience of working in a matrix working environment (essential)
- Experience of working within a project environment (essential)
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works and/or major projects (essential).
For more information, please apply or contact me directly on 02392 322321 or email RLeader@strideresourcing.com.
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.