I’m recruiting for a well-established and leading UK principal contractor dealing predominantly within Rail for major projects across the UK. The business is rapidly expanding due to securing further long-term Frameworks with key clients.
Due to the expansion of their Civil & Structural Design team, they are looking for engineers at various levels to delivery high quality design solutions in line with necessary standards. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and further their professional development.
The in-house design team is responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects, and tendered Rail/civils schemes. Projects will typically include stations (platforms etc), bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, access for all schemes, and structures including bridges, footbridges, and tunnels.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experienced in design and detail of structure and superstructure solutions in Rail (stations, platforms, bridges etc)
- Able to work as part of integrated design team and act on instructions from Design Manager
- Prior experience working in a construction environment is desirable
- PTS certificate
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Either hold professional membership or working towards
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Reporting into Senior Engineer
- Liaise with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Design and checking of engineer solutions
- Promote safe working and understand team financial, quality, and programme targets
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Ensuring designs meet specification and expectation
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Conduct outline design and detailing of Rail civil infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery
- Produce details, specifications, and calculations for retaining walls, pad and piled foundations, steelwork, RC concrete slabs and masonry walls
- Working on bridge upgrades, reconstruction/replacement and refurbishments, structures, stations, and platforms
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging projects throughout the UK.
- Office locations in York and Scotland
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself within the team.
- Life insurance and health plan
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
KDavies@StrideResourcing.com | Karl@RBDStride.co.uk | 02392 322325
To apply for this job email your details to KDavies@StrideResourcing.com.