I’m assisting one of the Largest Muliti-Disciplinary Consultancies in the world on their search for skilled Civils focused Design Managers. The business have secured major packages on UK’s largest infrastructure projects and with that in mind are in the market for the right people to make it a success!
Due to the expansion of their Civil & Structural Design team, they are looking for Design Managers and Senior Civils Designers ready to take the next step in their careers. You will be in charge of facilitating a smooth Design process and managing the Civil and Structural aspects of the Projects. The right candidate will have a hunger and dedication to build on their experience and further their professional development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a Global Consultancy operating on the best projects in the UK!
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experienced in design and detail of structure and superstructure solutions in Rail
- Able to work as part of integrated design team and act on instructions from Design Manager
- Prior experience working in a construction environment is desirable
- Working experience with ProjectWise and Bentley Systems
- Experience of managing the coordination of multidisciplinary team on major infrastructure projects
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Hold professional membership with ICE or IStructE
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Delivery of work to programme, budget, and specification
- Liaise with wider design team to ensure consistency and quality of deliverables across all areas of the project
- Contribute to long-term technical development of the office by introducing new techniques, procedures, and practices
- Implement effective, value for money, and innovative design solutions to meet technical and project requirements
- Liaise with construction teams to ensure designs are feasible and represent good value for money
- Assist and support the Engineering Manager where required
- Undertake role of CRE, Task Manager, Designer, Checker, or Approver for all various types of civil design when required
- Prepare and check engineering designs, calculation, and manage design production
- Submission of quality design documents in accordance with NR/L2/CIV/003, and collating the key components
- Liaise with CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Input into multidisciplinary tenders
- Maintain understanding of commercial aspects of projects and ensure cost control measures
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Produce designers risk assessments using variety of forms
- Provide weekly reports outlining work plans, forecasts, and key achievements
- Ensuring designs meet specification and expectation
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Conduct outline design and detailing of Rail civil infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery
- Train, develop, and mentor or junior members of staff
- Working with other like-minded engineers and technicians to complete challenging projects throughout the UK.
- Office location in Birmingham
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself within the team.
- Car allowance or company car
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
KDavies@StrideResourcing.com | Karl@RBDStride.co.uk | 02392 322325
To apply for this job email your details to KDavies@StrideResourcing.com.