We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor within our Rail Infrastructure business. Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signalling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro, and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of the company, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Our dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe, and green railway.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing
As an Assistant QS/ Quantity Surveyor you will provide a dedicated and complete pre and post contract commercial management service, and act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders, for one of our major projects. This is a dynamic role where you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of your contracts reporting directly to the Regional Commercial Manager and have responsibility for budgeting, and cost control through to final account over an extensive and varied work bank.
- Manage and build collaborative relationships with customers and suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance.
- Ensure that business and delivery team fully understand the requirements and philosophy of the individual contracts being delivered.
- Advise and implement appropriate commercial arrangements to control and forecast costs and value in line with the Siemens requirements.
- Support the projects budget holders so that they can make informed decisions based on transparent cost capture, forecasting and earned value utilising robust commercial management and practices.
- Be accountable for the establishment, maintaining and monitoring of contemporaneous records to provide support any variations.
- Forecast financial/schedule impact assessments for proposed change and carry out cost impact analysis of instructed changes to scope/schedule.
- Negotiate final accounts with clients and suppliers.
- Maintain and assure the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy, and alignment.
- Maintain and assure the records and other documentation that relate to the Works in accordance with good commercial practices, standards, and procedures
- Prepare monthly performance reports.
- Support the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
What qualifications, skills and experience you will need
- Degree qualified (Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management degree or similar) or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar) (preferred)
- Strong track record in a high value post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, defence, construction, IT etc. (desirable)
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts (essential)
- Experience in Alliance contracting (desirable)
- Good customer facing skills (essential)
- Commercially aware and financially astute (essential)
- Good oral and written communication skills (essential)
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment (essential)
- Experience of working within a project environment (desirable)
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works and/or major projects (desirable)
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Hybrid working, with the ability to go into the office and work from
- On target bonus between 10% – 20% base salary (company performance based)
- Holidays – 26 days plus bank holidays, this increases to 27 after 5 years of service and 29 after 10 years
- Holiday incentives to buy/sell up to 5 days a year
- Pension contributions up to 10%
- Heavily discounted private medical insurance
- In an event of death in service, next of kin receives 6x salary
- Other very exciting benefits
For more information or to apply contact me directly on 02392 322 321 RLeader@strideresourcing.com
To apply for this job email your details to RLeader@strideresourcing.com.