- This event has passed.
7th BCRRE Supporting the Rail Supply Chain Event with DfT and RSSB
November 7 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
The 7th BCRRE ‘Supporting the Rail Supply Chain’ Event at RaisE, Goole will feature the DfT and RSSB.
The theme for this event is ‘Introducing the opportunity of British rail technical standards to the rail supply chain community’ and it’s offering a unique opportunity for rail SMEs and the wider rail supply chain to engage directly with DfT and RSSB on the first revision exercise of the GB rail technical standards.
Who will be there? The Department for Transport (DfT) and the Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB) SME Engagement for the Consultation on the revision of GB Rail Technical Standards, otherwise known as National Technical Specification Notices (NTSNs).
This is an opportune time to bring your voice to help shape the future of Great Britain’s railway system for passengers, freight, and the rail supply chain, and DfT and RSSB want to hear your thoughts on this matter.
RSSB will be conducting a consultation exercise for the revision of rail technical standards known as National Technical Specification Notices (NTSNs)). This event will introduce you to what NTSNs are, possible consultation themes and how you can be involved in the revision exercise.
Who should attend? The event is open to everyone in rail, but is particularly relevant to engineers, designers and manufactures of infrastructure and rolling stock components and products.
The doors open at 10.30am for coffee and registration, a networking lunch is included. The event closes at 2.30pm.
This event will be a series of firsts:
- Shaping rail technical standards by Great Britain, for Great Britain. This consultation is the first opportunity that the UK has had to shape the rail technical standards for Great Britain since we left the European Union.
- Direct Rail SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) engagement with the Department of Transport allowing for the potential for small businesses to shape the future rail technical standards for Great Britain’s railways.
- An event in the North of England. The first DfT and RSSB engagement exercise on rail technical Standard to be held outside of London, opening the door to more diverse thinking to shape the future of Great Britain’s railways.
Which should lead to a series of incremental and progressive improvements to the Great British railways.
- To increase SME awareness of a unique opportunity to influence and shape GB rail technical standards and ensure that they continue to work in the best interests for the GB railway system.
- To provide an opportunity for the DfT to hear new and a more diverse range of views from the rail sector, especially SMEs. This is the beginning of a new DfT and Rail SME relationship, which will allow SMEs voices to be heard and potentially influence and shape the future of rail technical standards.
RaisE Business Centre is the newly opened Rail Accelerator & Innovation Solutions hub for Enterprise, which is at the heart of the new Rail Village in Goole, East Yorkshire. The Rail Village Goole is also home to the Siemens Mobility £200m Train Building Facility which opens in early 2024 and the newly opened Siemens £7m Component Factory.
Tickets are free, simply sign up today!