Agenda revealed for major rail conference to address key challenges
Major rail conference to address key challenges facing Britain’s rail industry
Leading experts in the rail industry will come together next week for the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) Conference in London’s King Place.
An exciting agenda has been revealed for the event on Tuesday, November 26, to discuss the role rail can play in addressing the key challenges facing Britain today.
High-profile TV and radio commentator Daisy McAndrew will chair proceedings, which will feature an introduction from RDG’s CEO Paul Plummer.
This will commence a day of presentations and discussions covering everything from devolution and fares, through to freight and employment.
Although there will be no political speakers due to the pre-election period, the event has had no issues bringing together a first-class list of speakers discussing the biggest topics in rail.
- In conversation with: Chris Burchell, MD of UK Trains, Arriva; Andrew Haines OBE, Chief Executive at Network Rail.
- Rail’s role in helping Britain succeed: Devolution and economy: Darren Caplan, Chief Executive of the Rail Industry Association; Isabel Dedring, Global Transport Leader at Arup; Robert Nisbet, Director of Nations and Regions at the Rail Delivery Group; Tom Thackray, Director of Infrastructure at the CBI.
- Future fares: How a reformed fares system can benefit commuters, businesses and communities: Katy Taylor, Group Commercial and Customer Director at Go-Ahead; Andy Wakeford, Consultant at The Rail Consultancy; Claire Walker, Co-Executive Director of Policy and Campaigns, British Chamber of Commerce; Anna Whitehouse, Founder of Mother Pukka.
- The role of freight in a greener railway: John Smith, Managing Director at GB Railfreight.
- Our People: Attracting the best people and offering rewarding careers: Lorraine Martins MBE FRSA, Director of Diversity and Inclusion at Network Rail; Trevor Phillips OBE, Chair, Green Park Interim and Executive Search; Kevin Rowan, Head of Organising, Services and Learning, Trades Union Congress.
- What role can industry play in ensuring lasting change? Presented by Sir Peter Hendy CBE, Chair of Network Rail; Steve Montgomery, Managing Director at the First Group; Anthony Smith, Chief Executive at Transport Focus.
The event is free to attend, but places are limited. Breakfast and lunch will be provided on the day. Visit https://www.eventsforce.net/dods/frontend/reg/tSelectPersonCategory.csp?pageID=3155908&ef_sel_menu=21999&eventID=7952&tempPersonID=3404558 for more details.